Pumpkins from Hell

It was clearly an act of inspired brilliance, not a brilliance of genius, but a brilliance which transcends genius in its impression: a brilliance of anti-genius.

I scheduled the Tunitas Low-Key Hillclimb for the weekend of the Half-Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival.


Okay, I try to be open-minded, and I'm sure there's more to it than this... but why are people willing to jam Highway 92 into a quagmire of creeping traffic to look at squash? Okay, the squash might tend to be largish, exciting I'm sure, but I still fail to embrace the thrill. Squash is good for soup.

In any case, it's too late to change plans now, so on we go to Tunitas Creek, and hope the squash seekers have better sense than to toss their over-sized vehicles onto the narrow, winding descent of Tunitas Creek Road.

Comments

phipps said…
I grew up in Half Moon Bay and never could understand it.

Popular posts from this blog

Proposed update to the 1-second gap rule: 3-second gap

Post-Election Day

Marin Avenue (Berkeley)