- mix the following in a bowl
- some oata
- a syrup source, for example one or a combination of honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave nectar, balsamic vinegar
- a bit of oil, for example canola oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, or almond oil
- some dried fruit, for example cranberries, dates, raisons, chopped mango
- optionally some chopped nuts, for example cashews or almonds, or a nut butter like almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, or tahini (sesame butter). I prefer raw nut butters to toasted.
- optionally, some egg or egg white to clump things, but not too much
- some extra flavor, like vanilla, spices, soy sauce, Liquid Amino, or hot sauce (it's good, really!)
- distribute on pan
- cook @ 320F = 160C until done, but not too dry (15 minutes, or maybe less if had the vision to pre-heat your oven ). If feeling inspired, mix it part way through.
- cool it. It should have been a soft when removed from oven, but should get crunchy after cooled.
I have yet to fail following this recipe to the letter. Way better than bulk-bin, which tastes stale (because it is stale).
I'd post a photo but I already ate much of the batch I made this morning.