'Cross Contrast

I love to watch Cara race cyclocross -- she's so smooth, so natural. Okay, so not to the level of watching Jonathan Page glide through the deep mud at 2002 Nationals at Domaine Chandon in Napa, that was simply amazing... here's Travis Brown and Todd Wells chasing:
2002 Nationals
Travis Brown and Todd Wells at 2002 Nationals (CyclingNews)

Okay, that was the best. But for Women's C category, Cara's really smooth.

Unfortunately I missed seeing her race at last weekend's Pilarcitos 'Cross Race at Golden Gate Park, as I was awaiting results at the Run Wild for a Child 10km running race, which I had just completed. Usually I really enjoy photographing the women's C race, as they don't get as much attention as later fields. But there were some good photos taken of the race, including one of the start, from which I extracted the following. Also shown in the photo is the best 'cross racer of the decade, Belgium's Sven Nijs:
Cara (top), Sven (bottom)

Two riders, one the best in the world, the other competing for the podium in Women's C's, yet they both look fairly similar on the bike. Anyway, I think it's safe to say Cara's position looks pretty good...

Comments

NadiaMac said…
***Blush*** I am so not competing for the C podium :) But sweet of you to say so

Popular posts from this blog

Proposed update to the 1-second gap rule: 3-second gap

Post-Election Day

Marin Avenue (Berkeley)